A message from the President:
The Ontario Provincial Police Association has an incredible 63 year history of serving its members. The time has come to strategically evaluate, coordinate, and deliver our services. This year will mark a new era for the Association—the launch of our 5-year strategic plan. Through this process, we have defined our Values Vision and Mission - our core ideology - and charted our course for the future.
The OPP Association is widely-recognized as the largest standalone Police Association in Canada representing 6,200 non-commissioned officers, 3,600 civilian members, 3,000 retired members and approximately 1,000 surviving family members. Supporting our members in successful contract negotiations, the administration of benefits, pensions, advocacy, labour relations, and legal services is at the core of what we do.
This strategic plan was created through independent facilitation and guided by the Strategic Planning Committee. Extensive stakeholder consultation occurred with our active and retired members, OPP Association head office staff, branch representatives, and the Board of Directors in the creation of this plan, giving everyone an opportunity to have their voices heard and understood.
Through our engagement with all stakeholders it became clear that the OPP Association is very committed to upholding and living by 5 key principles:
1. Commitment - We are committed to enhancing the quality of life for our members ― throughout their career and retirement
2. Respect - We do so with empathy and understanding of member needs combined with respect for the viewpoints of others
3. Responsibility - We are accountable to our members and each other; we are committed to improving the way we serve our members
4. Honesty - We have the courage to be honest and transparent as we act with integrity
5. Competence - We are lifelong learners who value knowledge and strive to find new and innovative ways to support our members while building the strength of the Association
Moving forward, these five principles are the foundation upon which we will base every decision and every action.
While extensive engagement occurred in the development of this plan, this “roadmap” is only the beginning. We must now work together over the coming months and years and push towards the achievement of the plan’s stated objectives while measuring our progress, and when necessary, making course corrections.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved in the making of the 2017-2022 OPP Association Strategic Plan. We are very excited to have a plan that will guide us into the future in a coordinated, strategic, and efficient manner. On behalf of the Board, Executive and the entire OPP Association team, I thank you for your participation and for your ongoing support.
President and CEO
Ontario Provincial Police Association
To view our strategic plan, please click here.