Click on player below to listen or image above for links to listen on Google, Apple, Spotify and more platforms.
This episode of the 10-5 Podcast features a conversation around the topic of suicide that may be triggering for some listeners. Listener discretion is advised.
Dr. Allison Crawford and Carl Dalton join the 10-5 Podcast to start an important conversation around suicide awareness. This includes:
- Dr. Crawford’s work to created suicide prevention awareness strategies and programs (4:16)
- How do we start a conversation about suicide (7:14)
- Shifts in stigma around suicide and discussing it (13:23)
- Responding to questions about why people die by suicide and the predictability of suicide (14:46)
- Prevention strategies or models that are being used currently (18:42)
- What members can do for each other if they are concerned about a colleague or loved one, recommended and helpful treatments for people experiencing suicide ideation (23:55)
Dr. Allison Crawford is a Psychiatrist and Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto. Additionally, she is the Associate Chief of Virtual Mental Health and Outreach at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CaMH) and the Chief Medical Officer of the Canada Suicide Prevention Service.
Carl Dalton is a Registered Social Worker and CEO of Dalton Associates, the organization that powers the Encompas Mental Health Wellness Program.
The Encompas Mental Health Wellness Program is available to eligible active and retired OPPA Members:
Telephone - 1-866-794-9117 (Available 24/7)
Email - email@example.com
Website - EncompasCare.ca
If you have any questions about this episode of the 10-5 Podcast, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org