The OPP Association (OPPA) works on behalf of all civilian and non-commissioned uniform members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP). There are over 6,200 uniform and approximately 3,600 civilian members who belong to the Association.
We are looking to fill the position of Senior Advisor, Pension & Benefits.
This position will report to the Manager, Member Services.
The Senior Advisor, Pension & Benefits will oversee the management of members’ benefits and pensions and provide members and their families with information, guidance, and support. The successful candidate will also work collaboratively with the entire OPPA team to ensure exceptional member service is prioritized and achieved at all times.
The successful candidate will:
· Provide information, guidance, advice, and representation to OPPA members and their families.
· Project an image of the highest quality while establishing and maintaining the highest personal and ethical standards.
· Ensure that all member inquiries are handled professionally and expeditiously and are referred to the appropriate individual for resolution.
· Review and research benefit contracts and policies to improve the quality of benefits for members and their families.
· Provide timely recommendations to the Benefits Team, Executive Staff and Board of Directors.
· Review and update the business processes with Target Benefit Administrators, the Ontario Pension Board, and the insurance carrier.
· Liaise with the above parties to resolve problems and data issues. Review and analyze applicable reports, etc. regarding employee status to ensure proper administration of benefits and pensions.
· Provide information and guidance on benefit issues, including their implications on benefit plans and the administration of negotiated benefits.
· Provide advice and current information on Life Insurance and benefit contracts.
· Provide representation and prepare briefs for claim denial appeals to the Board of Directors.
· Consult with all levels of senior management of the OPP, Ministry, and insurance companies on problem situations, the interpretation and application of legislation, policies, and procedures, and the Uniform and Civilian Collective Agreements to determine the eligibility for pension and benefit entitlements.
· Conduct Pre-Retirement Seminars to provide course participants with the necessary information to assist in planning retirements.
· Support retired members, spouses, and surviving family members in relation to insurance, insured benefits, and pension entitlements.
· Support surviving family members on death claims and survivor benefits.
· Liaise with Ontario Pension Board, Ontario Shared Services, Target Benefit Administrators, and other applicable stakeholders as required.
· Provide guidance and ongoing support of members' LTIP and WSIB claims including support through appeal processes if necessary.
· Address new employees and provide them with all the necessary information to promote the Association and outlining their entitlements for insured benefits and insurances.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Payroll administration.
· Sound knowledge of the Public Service Pension Plan.
· Outstanding communication, training and presentation skills.
· Labour relations background.
· Sound knowledge of contemporary/future policing issues.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving, conflict resolution, and motivational skills.
· Strong administrative and computer skills.
· Knowledge of current Labour and Human Resources management concepts, practices, and relevant legislation.
Job Classification: Senior Advisor, Pension & Benefits
Annual Salary: $83,000-$120,000
Start Date: To be determined with successful applicant.
Interested applicants are to apply to Amie Fabiano, Manager Member Services, with a cover letter and detailed resume by February 21st, 2023 at 4pmET. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $83,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-21 4pmET